We are sharing with you the recipe for a baked cauliflower. The humble and healthy cauliflower that has been on our dinner plates for generations, quite often pushed to the side, especially by kids..! However lately, this classic has been receiving a fresh new vibe. From rice to pizza bases, it seems that we’ve underestimated just how versatile in so many ways, and so delicious cauliflower can be!
Cauliflower is packed with vitamin k, which fights inflammation and boosts our brain health and is highly nutritious and rich in flavour. This is no ordinary baked cauliflower dishNow that has a huge credit for the good old cauliflower.
To celebrate Cauliflower’s complete goodness, here is a simple recipe from Hemp Foods Australia to try..And so easy to make on a regular basis for good nutritional health. So jump on board and give it a go.
- Cooking time
less than 15 minutes
Baked Cauliflower With Tofu Dressing
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 225 g tofu
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp foods Australia hemp seeds hulled
- 1 tablespoon hot hemp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Remove the leaves of the cauliflower, then place it in a large saucepan with one centimetre of water. Cover and steam for 15 minutes. While the cauliflower is cooking, place the tofu in a separate pan in half a centimetre of water. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat and toast, stirring frequently. When the seeds can be easily crushed between the thumb and the third finger they are done.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a powder in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Place the ground seeds, hemp seeds and tofu in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Blend the miso with a little warm water to form a smooth paste and then and mix into the tofu mixture with the mustard.
- Transfer the cauliflower onto a baking tray and spoon the tofu dressing over it. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Serve immediately
Recipe and image courtesy of Hemp Foods
The NEW idea on how to bake your cauliflower!!